Tree Inspection Improvers course
This three-day training course provides an overview of skills and knowledge required to formally assess trees, an introduction to tree inspection process, and opportunities to practice tree inspection. Attendees may go on to progress towards higher level training such as the Professional Tree Inspection course/qualification
Who is it for? Arborists, Horticulturists, Ecologists, Landscape architects, Officers, Rangers, Landowners/Managers and other professionals involved with trees such as Surveyors.
Pre-requisites: Ideally attendees will be comfortable with basic plant science and have attended a Basic Tree Survey and Inspection course, but this is not essential.
Each day attendees can expect a mixture of outside practical sessions and indoor workshop-style presentations:
- Basics of tree species recognition
- Tree biology – Parts, Processes
- Energy use
- Wood structure
- Growth and Responses Tree Risk Management – Client objectives and instructions Systematic tree inspection processes/procedures and risk assessment
- Risk control – making management recommendations
- Survey vs Inspection and styles of recording and reporting
- Measurement skills and useful tools and equipment
- Tree survey and inspection practice sessions
- Recognising defects, signs and symptoms of tree health and structural issues and their significance:
1. Introduction to common tree pests and diseases
2. Introduction to wood decay and common tree decay fungi
3. Common defects in trees Tree Inspection case studies and scenarios
- Personal safety considerations when inspecting trees
- UK legal system for tree owners and tree assessors with relevant case law
- Introduction to detailed tree inspection equipment and techniques and when to seek further advice
- Suggested further reading and learning
Max Delegates: 14
Min of 8 candidates required to run the course.
Cost of 3-day course: £500 inc VAT per candidate.
Candidates will be presented with a Kingswood Certificate of Attendance on completion. This course is not affiliated with an awarding body, but bridges the gap between the Basic Tree Inspection and the Professional Tree Inspection course/qualification.
Please call the office on 01732 811 162 should you require further information.