Safe Use of Pesticides Course PA1
Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides PA1
PA1 is the Foundation Theory Module, assessing knowledge of basic legislation for pesticides. PA1 must be passed by anyone wishing to take any other PA units.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
You will learn to understand your duties under the law which will help you become a safe and competent pesticide user; understand what pesticides are and their ‘field of use’; state legislation relevant to pesticide application; interpret and use label information; take the appropriate action to protect themselves and the environment; store and transport pesticides safely; dispose of the pesticides and containers safely; record information
Assessment: Definitions; consequences of not using or handling pesticides safely; legislation that affects pesticides use; pesticide product labels; personal protective equipment; safe storage and transport of pesticides; environmental factors; disposal of pesticides and containers; dealing with accidents; keeping pesticide records.
Please note: Trainees must be able to read and interpret product label information. They must also be physically fit and able to carry out the tasks required of the assessment schedule.
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES?
- You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment.
THE COST OF THIS COURSE?
- PA1 is a 1.5 -day course including online assessment
- PA1 Training £318 inc VAT & NPTC Assess
- PA1 NPTC Assessment £120
- We run combined PA1 & PA6a courses – NPTC Assessments on the next available day following the training.
- We are happy offer courses with different combinations of the PA6 units, specific to your requirements
- Please contact the office should you require Training & NPTC Assessments for the other units