Safe Use of Pesticides Course PA1 and PA6
Using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment NPTC 0216-54 (previously PA6)
WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
This course prepares candidates for the City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment assessment covering hand held sprayers; ensuring that they are able to apply pesticides using this equipment in a safe, effective manner and in accordance with current legislation. Learners are expected to read a pesticide label and utilise a calculator to measure and calculate the area to be treated and ensuring correct the correct quantities of pesticides are used. You’ll be taken through the correct procedures for calibrating applicator speeds and spray widths, as well as measuring, mixing and filling the applicator, before applying the pesticide.
There are a number of options with the PA6 assessment covering hydraulic nozzle or rotary atomiser type sprayers; including application to or near water; granule applicators; granule applicators including application in or near water; and other hand held applicators requiring minimal calibration.
The available units within this Level 2 Award are:
- [Unit 151]: Operating pedestrian hand held applicators fitted with hydraulic nozzles or rotary atomisers to apply pesticides to land (was PA6A)
- [Unit 152]: Operating Pedestrian Hand Held Applicators Fitted With Hydraulic Nozzles or Rotary Atomisers to Apply Pesticides to or Near Water (was PA6A)
- [Unit 153]: Operating Pedestrian Hand Held Applicators to Apply Pesticide Pellets or Granules to Land (was PA6G)
- [Unit 154]: Operating Pedestrian Hand Held Applicators to Apply Pesticide Pellets or Granules to or Near Water (was PA6GW)
- [Unit 155]: Installing Pesticide Plugs in Tree Stumps (PA6PP)
- [Unit 156]: Operating Hand Held Pesticide Injection Equipment (PA6INJ)
- [Unit 157]: Operating Other Hand Held Applicators Requiring Minimal Calibration (PA6MC)
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES?
- You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment.
- This course is available to those who have successfully completed their NPTC City & Guilds Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides training & assessment (PA1)
THE COST OF THIS COURSE?
- PA1 £318 inc VAT & NPTC Assessment
- PA6a £462 inc VAT & NPTC Assessment
- We run the above as a 3-day course PA1 & PA6a – the PA6a NPTC Assessments on the next available day following the training.
- We are happy to offer courses with different combinations of the above units specific to your requirements
- Please contact the office should you require Training & NPTC Assessments for the other units