Forestry First Aid (+F) Training
We are very proud to be offering comprehensive Forestry First Aid Training (+F) – this course is now referred to EFAW+F
Changes to Forestry Commission First Aid policy in recent years recommend those who work in the forestry industry should attend first aid training that covers additional topics relevant to the risk associated with their work.
Recommended topics include:
- Crush Injuries
- Catastrophic bleeding including chainsaw injuries and gunshot wounds
- Hypothermia / Exposure
- Suspension injuries
- Lyme’s Disease
- Lightning & High V0ltage injuries
- Casualty evacuation planning
* The above topics are covered in addition to the standard syllabus; including course content for the EFAW
Our courses are delivered by Roy Hopkins who is a NUCO Trained & Registered Instructor and is also ex-Forces and ex-Fire Fighter. Roy has also worked in Forestry for many years. He successfully takes his interest in First Aid beyond work and volunteers as a Community First Responder for the Kent Ambulance Service and brings a practical on-the-ground forestry perspective with a particular focus on remote working considerations.
Cost per course
£195 per candidate
- All successful candidates will be awarded two certificates: EFAW and Forestry First Aid (+F) Certificates from NUCO which are an FAA approved Centre. The qualifications are OFQUAL & SQA regulated.
- First Aid Awards (FAA)
- Please click here to see NUCO Accreditations:
Working in partnership with Forestry Commission England
First Aid Awards Ltd have been approved to certificate the First Aid + F or Forestry First Aid course, working in partnership with Forestry Commission England. As an approved centre with FAA, Nuco registered Instructors are able to offer Forestry First Aid certificates.