Forestry First Aid (+F) Training
We are very proud to be offering comprehensive Forestry First Aid Training (+F)
Forestry Commission Safety Training Policy
Changes to Forestry Commission policy recommends those who work in the forestry industry should attend first aid training that covers additional topics relevant to the risk associated with their work.
Forestry Commission recommended topics include:
- Crush Injuries
- Catastrophic bleeding including chainsaw injuries and gun shot wounds
- Hypothermia / Exposure
- Suspension injuries
- Lyme’s Disease
- Lightning & High V0ltage injuries
- Casualty evacuation planning
* The above topics covered in addition to the standard syllabus.
Our courses are delivered by Roy Hopkins who is is ex-Forces and an ex Fire Fighter. Roy has also worked in Forestry for many years. He successfully takes his interest in First Aid beyond work and volunteers as a Community First Responder for the Kent Ambulance Service and brings a practical on the ground forestry perspective with particular focus on remote working considerations.
The pre-requisite for the Forestry First Aid +F First Aid is our Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) – this is a minimum requirement.
Cost per course
£110 per candidate + VAT
- All successful candidates will be awarded a Forestry First Aid (+F) Certificate from First Aid Awards (FAA)
- The FAA is a Forestry Commission approved awarding body