CS39 – NPTC Unit 204 – Using a Chainsaw from Rope & Harness
Using a Chainsaw from Rope and Harness (formerly CS39)
Our CS39, Using a Chainsaw from a Rope and Harness course covers the essential safety guidelines, equipment, inspection planning and practical experience needed for aerial cutting of trees with a chainsaw using free-fall techniques.
Upon completing the Chainsaw from Rope and Harness training course you will be able to:
- Understand the legislation and safety guidelines pertaining to the use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness
- Understand the safety considerations to be observed in organising a worksite
- Carry out pre-start checks on the chainsaw, cold and hot starting techniques
- Demonstrate techniques for hauling chainsaws into the tree and attaching them appropriately to the harness
- Use appropriate techniques for establishing secure and comfortable work positions
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of various step and sink cuts and correct final pruning cuts
- Use top-handled and lightweight rear-handled chainsaws in a safe and efficient manner to remove light and medium-weight branches
- Understand and fulfill the duties and responsibilities of a competent grounds person
- Deal with matters arising appropriately.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Preparing a chainsaw for use in a tree
- Securing the work position
- Cutting techniques
- Equipment inspection, storage and waste disposal.
NPTC Unit 204 (CS39) – Course Pre-requisites
- NPTC Units 201 (CS30) – Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-cutting
- NPTC Unit 202 (CS31) – Felling of Small Trees – up to 380mm
- NPTC Unit 203 (CS38) – Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue Operations
Cost and Booking
3-day CS39 Course fee: £650 (inc VAT & NPTC Assessment)
The NPTC Assessments are optional, should you not require NPTC Certification/Qualification.
Maximum 4 people.
10% discount is available if a client provides all 4 trainees for the course.
Climbing kits and saws are available for hire by candidates who do not yet have their own equipment. Please contact the office for further information: 01732 811 162
*All NPTC Assessments are VAT exempt.