Aerial Tree Pruning (CS40) NPTC Unit: 307
This is an NPTC Integrated Assessment
Inline with NPTC unit 307 (Prev Cs40), this certificate is for an advanced arborist chainsaw operator carrying out aerial tree pruning operations
This Aerial Tree Pruning standard is about carrying out arboricultural pruning operations off ground in trees, carrying out reductions, crown-lifting, re-pollarding, thinning and crown cleaning. You will need to carry out a tree hazard evaluation and perform a ‘working at height’ assessment before starting this work. Access to the tree will be by recognised appropriate methods and in line with the above assessments. You will select suitable pruning tools relevant to the work to be carried out. Your work must meet the requirements of current legislation and current industry guidance. This standard is for those who prune trees off ground.
- Unit 201 – Maintenance of the Chainsaw and Cutting System ( Formerly Cs30)
- Unit 202 – Cross-Cut Timber Using a Chainsaw (Formerly Cs30)
- Unit 203 – Fell and Process Trees up to 380mm (Formerly Cs31)
- Unit 206 – Access a Tree Using a Rope and Harness (Formerly Cs38)
- Unit 306 – Carry out Aerial Rescue Operations (Formerly Cs38)
- Unit 308- Use of a chainsaw for free fall techniques (Formerly Cs39)
Awarded certificates of competence are widely recognised by both sector employers and the health & safety executive.
PRICE £315 inc VAT
Duration 1-day – NPTC Integrated Assessment – Unit 307
Max of 2 candidates per course over 1-day or 4 candidates over 2-days – please contact the office to discuss further 01732 811 162
Candidates should use their own Safety clothing PPE
If you are using your own climbing equipment, it must be within LOLER certification guidelines and certificates are to be presented to the instructor and assessor to view on the training and assessment days.